Donnerstag, 14. November 2013

The Sands of North Africa, Deutsches Afrikakorps, Part 2


Hi everyone,

since my last update some time has past. Now I'd like to show you my progress for our Mid War Painting Programm. First I have to admit that I didn't finish all what I had in mind. There are still all the vehicles, the company comand and the two HMG's which need some color. So without further ado here my painted Afrikakorps figures.


Both Schützenplatoons.

As you can see I tried to base them slightly different, but tried to keep the overall basing theme. I tried to let it look as the right one moves along a wadi. The left one is moving over rougher ground.

The right platoon from the first picture.
 Again the "wadi" platoon

 The second platoon.



So the core is done, but there is still a lot of work to do. Since no one finished the first segment in time and we are organising our first tournament in march next year and have to do some scenery, we decided to give us a bigger time scale for the next steps. The next step should be finished by the end of this year.

I already gave in my update a list for the second step, but I actualy hope to get some of the other stuff in this segment. There are Diana's and more Panzer 3 G's and 4 F2's waiting to get painted so I hope to include them.

The List for the second segment:
As I haven't played a lot MidWar I'm not really sure what to expect from the 8.8's but it is such an iconic weapons so I had to include it in this slice.

Stay tuned for some updates. Thank you for reading. 
Cheers - Markus